Monday, June 13, 2011

23 Things…

This actually started out to be a list of 22 truths I was writing in a journal as I was nearing my 23rd birthday. It was going to include things I had learned about myself and life in general over that year.  Well I only got #13...but I found the list the other day and decided to finish it and add #23. So here they are 23 truths I’ve learned about myself and life.

  1. Life is short
  2. I love to read
  3. I don’t like blue cheese- YUCK
  4. I complain too much
  5. Trials are a good thing
  6. Happiness comes from the heart
  7. That Tim Magraw song, ya know the one, “You find out who your friends are”  is so true
  8. Be careful who you trust, especially with your heart
  9. Kids are FOREVER – be sure your ready to have one!
  10. Good Habits are easier to develop, than had habits are to break
  11. God isn’t keeping me from something good, He’s preparing me for something GREAT
  12. God is always enough
  13. Kids are brutally honest
  14. Answers are not always black and white
  15. Two products I personally think you should always spend a little more on and buy the good brands: nail polish and toilet paper
  16. As much as I love being around other people I really need my alone time to relax and unwind
  17. Work SMARTER not harder (this is not meant to discount the vaule of hard work, it just means don't make things harder on yourself than they need to be!)
  18. I have one of the greatest families ever (after seeing the brokenness of some of my students homes I learned how much I’ve taken for granted in my life)
  19. Diet Coke = Love
  20. Growing up means deciding things for yourself
  21. I don’t like running…but I’m trying to learn to like it, because its good for me and I always feel great when I’m finished
  22. I love living in Branson…never thought I’d say that, but seriously I think it’s one of the greatest places on earth!
  23. I’m truly blessed

I can't wait to see what is instore for this new year. 24 sounds a little old to me...but I know it's not in the big picture. I'm excited to see what God has for me and see what new truths I will discover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment