Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Words

We’ve been studying poetry for the past few weeks in room 202. Today I had my students put all of their poems into a book. Throughout our study we’ve read LOTS of different poems, most from my favorite poem book, Where the Sidewalk Ends. I also taught my students the proper way to read poetry. You have to read poems 3 times. First, for your eyes. Second, for your ears. And Finally, for your heart <3.
I wanted to share my two favorites. I hope they make you smile J 
Bells
Bells,
Loud, Delightful
Dinging, Ringing, Clinging
Pretty as angels singing
Shimmer

Mistletoe
Pretty hanging on the wall,
Dangling trying not to fall.
Share a Christmas kiss,
With someone special this is bliss.


Cute Kid Quotes: These quotes are all from the same student. At the beginning of the year I had a very hard time with him. I prayed daily that my heart would be softened toward him.  Now I can officially say I love him. He is still a complete mess at times, but he makes me laugh! I'll call him B.
“I can’t wait to get married. I just love, love. I know you do too Miss Bass.”
“Yes, I love the heck out of that book!”
“Hey Miss Bass, did you know I’m growing a mustache and a beard?”
Miss Bass, I think you should date the world’s strongest man. I’m not sure if he’s married or not…but I think you’d be great together.

Miss Bass- “Please draw a 2D square on your marker board”
B- Makes farting noise
Miss Bass- “B, that’s very rude and inappropriate.”
B- “What? You said make a tootie square.”

And this is the note I got from him yesterday. He hates writing so the fact that he took time to write to me is very special.
Dear Miss Bass,
Merry Christmas. I hope you have a great Christmas. You rock at being a teacher. Yay you rock.
Senserlee,
B

Last but not least, these I’ve included a picture from our trip to the nursing home. We made ornaments in class and then delivered them on Tuesday night. It was so great. The kids and the residents loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment