Sunday, April 29, 2012

Trust


Have you ever had a moment where the Lord hits you square in the face with truth? When it feels like God is literally grabbing you by the shoulders and saying, “Listen to me you stubborn little child.” I love those moments.
I had one last weekend. I was feeling sorry for myself and I began to let the lies of the devil into my heart. The biggest lie devil continually tries to feed me is that I’m not enough. Not pretty enough, strong enough, thin enough, smart enough, and the list goes on. I spent the day feeling pretty yucky and in this constant argument within my head, battling back and forth the between the lies of the devil and the truth of the Lord. Finally, on Sunday while I was driving home from church God grabbed my attention and told me to trust. Trust Him. And believe that He is enough and through Him I am too. God gave me the clarity to see that every need I have is more that met in Him alone. Even my wants, He sees and fills. For example, I want a family someday. It is something I strongly desire. God showed me that while I don’t have children of my own yet, He has given me a career where I have an entire classroom of children to love on each day. 19 little hearts that need love, and He’s trusting me to do just that, love them, and at the same time He’s fulfilling one of my greatest desires.
God also put this little poem on my heart. While I was journaling I wrote down this poem to help me remember that trusting God is simple.
Taking
Rest
Under
Simple
Truths
God’s word is the truth. And He promises good things to those who believe and TRUST in Him.
"Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word." -Psalm 119:35-37

1 comment:

  1. sweet girl! You are definitely enough! Thanks for sharing that. I know I struggle with a lot of the same feelings. You are going to make an incredible mother and I'm glad He's helping with the wait by giving you another outlet--those kids are lucky!

    ReplyDelete