Thursday, November 14, 2013

Miss Bass, is that your wedding ring?

Maggie: "Miss Bass, is that your wedding ring?"
Me: "No, but its my favorite ring."
Maggie: "Where's your wedding ring?"
Me: "I don't have one."
Maggie: "Why not?"
Me: "I'm not married."
Maggie: "You're not? Why not? I really really want you to be married."
Me: "Well.....I just haven't found the right man yet."
Maggie: "Oh, well I already know who I'm going to marry. I'm going to marry Kyle. I sure wish you knew who you were going to marry Miss Bass."
Me: "Yeah, me too sweetie."


Ya gotta love their little hearts sometimes. This conversation put a smile on my face for several different reasons. First, the honesty and sincerity from little Maggie. She was so disappointed to hear I'm not married. She genuinely wants me to find someone and live happily ever after. She cares about me. Second, it reminded me that we were created with a need for other people. She's only 7 (almost 8, she reminds me everyday) but she already knows who she wants to marry. I love her innocence and confidence, actually I am a little jealous of it. Which brings me to reason number three, the reminder that I will only be Miss Bass for a season. In fact, the ring Maggie was asking me about is a symbol of promise between me and the Lord. It serves as a reminder that my prince is coming. I call it my "I'm not going to settle ring." Every time I look at it I remember all that He has in store for me and that I'm not going to settle for anything less than God's best. Maggie reminded me that I should be equally as confident in the Lord as she is in knowing that she's going to marry Kyle (okay, maybe even a little more).

Standing on the promises that cannot fail, 
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assial, 
By the living Word of God I shall prevail 
Standing on the promises of God. 

Standing, standing, 
Standing on the promises of God may Saviorl 
Standing, standing, 
I'm standing on the promises of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment