Wednesday, August 25, 2010

learning, love, and a few tears...

Well...yesterday was one of those break you down to build you up kind of days.  And on my 5th day of teaching I shed my very first tear. I tried my hardest to laugh of my troubles..but yesterday it was too much. I said to myself, "Janae, you're not going to cry you and going to laugh this off!" So I forced myself to laugh, but it quickly turned into a cry. I'm sure if anyone else would have seen me in the hallway they would have thought I was loosing it, but that moment that exactly what I was doing, loosing it! I only shed about 3 tears, then I quickly composed myself and went back to class. Now after reflecting on the situation here are a few things I've learned...
*It's ok to cry, everyone does it.
*By having "issues" with a student I have to chance to show myself and everyone else what I'm made of.
*After having a bad day, you really really appreciate the good ones.
*Teaching isn't just about the students learning, it's about the teacher learning what works for each student to learn.
*Today I was better because of what I learned yesterday...and LOTS of prayers.
*If I have many more days like yesterday, I'm going to have the strength of a body builder.


“Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” -- Samuel Johnson

2 comments:

  1. Your family sure must be soo proud of you!!! May God himself bless your every trial & tribulation by always shining His Light thru you that your students may receive extra measures of blessing also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree! It IS okay to cry....and if you were here we would do it together while watching sappy romance movies! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete