Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Possibly the best note of my teaching career...

I know my teaching career only consist of about 4 months as of now…but I can’t see anything in the future topping this note!

Here’s the background info to this letter. The last 45 minutes of every school day we have “pirate time.” During this time each student travels to their assigned pirate time teacher to get extra help in reading. My pirate time kids a mixture of 2nd and 3rd graders. One of my 2nd grade boys, I’ll call him “Paul” is very interested in reading his bible. Everyday we have 15 minutes of Sustained Silent Reading at the beginning of class, Paul always reads his bible and takes notes.  Most days he asks me questions about the bible as well, and I do my best to answer him (a lot of times they are very deep questions for a 7 year old). He’s asked me everything from Genesis to Revelation. Today after pirate time he brought me this note.

Dear Ms. Bass,

I have bin learning a lot from you! I have a lot of knowled in me. I a prepared for Chad. God’s been geting closer to me. I am glad I have you as a pirate time teacher! See you in the third grade!

Your Pirate Time Student,

Paul


I’m not sharing this to show everyone what a GREAT teacher I am. I’m sharing it because I am learning more from Paul than he is learning from me. His hunger and thirst to know God’s word is inspires me so much. He is only 7, and he seeks God every minute of everyday. I am so blessed to have him my life.

Here are a few other cute Paul quotes:


“Sometimes people don’t get why I read the bible all the time…but that’s ok. I know I’m supposed to. God spoke to me and said to read and study his word.”

“Miss Bass, what does blasphemy mean?”

“Miss Bass I’ve been learning a lot about how God should be a part of everything we do…like even at school. For example, when I do math, do is always with me then, he helps me get through it!”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man Janae that is so touching! It's amazing to see this thirst at such a young age! God is sure preparing him for amazing things! Thanks for sharing and passing on such an inspiring message :)

    ReplyDelete