Monday, January 9, 2012

Do you trust me?


trust


noun
1.
reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2.confident expectation of something; hope.
3.confidence in the certainty of future payment for property or goods received; credit: to sell merchandise on trust.
4.a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.
5.the condition of one to whom something has been entrusted

      Aladdin was one of my favorite childhood movies. I even had a cat named Princess Jasmine (Jazzy for short).  God has been teaching me so much about trust lately. And today when I was thinking about the trust I’ve found in Him for my future, I thought of this scene from Aladdin. She’d just met him, but she trusted him enough to jump off a roof top! I’m not sure I’d have trusted Aladdin that much…but I should have that kind of trust in the Lord. Life is very difficult sometimes. I know what God allows us to go through various trials and hardships. And I understand that sometimes it feels like He’s sitting up in heaven watching and doing nothing to help. But deep down I know that is not true. I know He is good. He is love. And I know He has good things in store for His children.

 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11

A few weeks ago in youth we discussed trust, and I that’s part of what started my focus and study on trust. Also, I was recently made aware of my lack of trust in a situation. I was feeling reluctant and nervous to allow myself to get hopes up, because of a past failure. Luckily I was gently reminded not to give up before even trying.

I think its part of human nature to be fearful because of our past. In fact, we are wise to learn from past mistakes. As a result, over the past few weeks I’ve been praying and trying to find the balance between learning from the past and living in the past. Most importantly, I’m learning to trust the Lord with my future. I’ve spent hours praying and reading scriptures. I’ve come find comfort in and peace in His word. Proverbs 29:25 says, “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.” I know that trusting someone involves risk, but with risk also comes excitement. I’m excited to know my trust is in the Lord. I know that no matter what happens in life I can trust He is there at my side. He has great things in store for my future and I can’t wait to see what they are. When it comes to trusting in the Lord, I’m like Jasmine, ready to JUMP!
I hope you too will trust God in all of life’s circumstances. Even when it seems hard, pray and seek the Lord. He loves you enough to send His own son to die to save you. He will never leave us of forsake us. 

Psalm 32:10
Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him.
Psalm 52:8
But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.
Psalm 143:8
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment